You want out of your SAP Business ByDesign -System email reports to employees and schedule reports to be sent.
By sending reports (broadcasts) via email, business users can regularly analyze report data without logging into the system and navigating to the report.
There are two scenarios:
- Periodic scheduling
Periodic scheduling is useful when you want to send a report regularly.
For example, a sales manager might want to send monthly sales reports to his sales force. He asks his administrator to set up a schedule for sending the report monthly.
- Ad hoc sending
Ad hoc sending is useful when a particular report requires multiple users’ attention.
You can decide whether report data to be sent by e-mail should be encrypted. If you want to encrypt outgoing email, you need to make changes to your scope. In the fine-tuning task E-mail: encryption and signature verification you can use it for the outgoing email scenario Analytics – send report data, transfer specify whether outgoing e-mails should be encrypted and signed.
The corresponding point of view “ Broadcasts “ can be found in the Business Analytics work center.
Create new broadcast – send report
Create outgoing message
- In the Broadcasts work center view, choose New.
- In the image below, enter a name for the outgoing message and select the relevant report.
3. Add recipients.
For recipients who have a user in this solution, you can set the User-specific indicator to decide whether the recipients receive data according to their authorizations or according to the authorizations of the user who created the outgoing message.
If the report is to be sent using the authorizations of the user who created the outgoing message, you must ensure that the user has access rights to the work center views to which the report is assigned in order to start the report.
Use of outbound bulk messages
The bulk outbound messaging feature allows you to email reports to multiple recipients. If you have specified the addresses of the recipients in the master data, you can select a characteristic in which the e-mail addresses are managed. The system can use this information to determine the recipients.
If you have the license plate Use outbound bulk messages the area for adding the recipient’s e-mail addresses is hidden. For the new field Attribute for email select a feature in which you have managed the e-mail address. The report is now automatically sent to all relevant recipients without you having to add the email addresses individually.
4. Select under Format and content whether the report should be sent as an email attachment or as a link.
- If you want to send the report as an e-mail attachment, note that reports sent in XML and CSV format open with Microsoft Excel® by default.
- If you want to send the report as a URL, you need to determine how the report will be displayed. Reports can be viewed in one of the web browser options or with Microsoft Excel®.
- The HTML format is recommended for viewing the broadcast report on a mobile device.
5. Decide whether you want to send the report now or periodically.
- If you want to distribute the report immediately, choose No planning.
- If you want to schedule the outgoing message for the report, choose Periodically . Set how often you want the report to be sent and enter the start and end dates for the schedule.
The system saves the outgoing message or schedule. You can then view the outgoing message or the schedule in the work center view Broadcasts Show.
Manage broadcasts and schedules
In the work center view Broadcasts you can under Actions edit, delete, or change the status of a schedule. You can start, pause, or resume broadcasts and schedules.
You can also edit broadcasts and schedules by To edit Select. You can also View logs and check all protocols associated with the selected broadcast.
In contrast to normal broadcast, the entire data is not sent to all recipients. The report data is filtered for each recipient based on their associated email addresses, identified by the values of the attribute you selected. This ensures that each recipient only receives the data filtered for his or her email address.
If you want to send all of the data to all recipients, create a regular broadcast.
Broadcasts, sending reports, mass messaging, business analytics
Product / validity
This brief instruction was based on SAP Business ByDesign , Version 21.02 created. All statements without guarantee.