The SAP Business ByDesign Release 1908 includes innovations in the following areas:
Customer Relationship Management
- Sales price lists can now be created in several currencies. This can also be done via a mass upload from Microsoft Excel.
- It is now possible to use all price components of customer orders in reporting. This enables, for example, a detailed analysis of discounts in customer orders:
- You can now create, evaluate and post leasing contracts in accordance with the accounting standard IFRS 16 or ASC 842. Leases provide an overview of all payments, valuation amounts such as interest and depreciation and generate a right-of-use (ROU) investment for the leased property. A new depreciation method, LEAS, is available. Supplier invoices for leasing contracts can be generated in one run. A new account assignment type “leasing contract” is also available.
- You can find more information on this at https://help.sap.com/viewer/2754875d2d2a403f95e58a41a9c7d6de/1908/en-US/2c085641722d1014bdf3b7f28be6fbb8.html
- For projects, you can now analyze planned, actual and remaining work down to the level of the period plan and compare it with the active baseline.
- You can find more information on this at https://blogs.sap.com/2019/07/22/improved-team-member-work-analysis-project-period-plans-and-baseline-handling/
Reporting and Analytics
- Custom navigation from report to report has been simplified.
- Calculated key figures can now be used for target and reference values in reporting.
- SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) stories can now be integrated into dashboards as URL or mash-up.
- You can find out more about the new features in reporting and analytics at https://blogs.sap.com/2017/12/07/overview-and-update-on-built-in-analytics-in-sap-business-bydesign/
- With the data source and the associated report “Employee Master Data Report” you can view all details on employee master data and changes to the master data within a certain period of time in a detailed report.
- You can find more about this at https://blogs.sap.com/2019/07/23/business-bydesign-employee-master-data-report/
This post is based on Kristof Schneider’s English blog post on the official SAP blog, available at https://blogs.sap.com/2019/07/23/sap-business-bydesign-whats-new-1908/
All statements without guarantee.