That SAP Business ByDesign Release 1811 includes innovations in the following areas:
- New accounting standards (IFRS15 / ASC606) require companies to report sales with customers differently. SAP Business ByDesign now enables multiple sales documents to be defined as one revenue accounting contract with performance obligations in order to distribute the revenues according to standalone sales prices and to generate a report on contract objects, unsold receivables and contract liabilities.
Please see the videos on YouTube or SAP Media Share regarding the changes regarding IFRS15 / ASC606.
Release of a new smartphone app on iOS and Android with a new look and feel and new functions:
- View KPIs on the smartphone launchpad and with a separate KPI app and use every report view on your smartphone as well.
- Create and track expense reports and shopping carts.
- 360 ° view for the most important key figures, address and contact details including activity management for tasks and phone calls.
- Receiving and confirming service orders including simple route planning using, for example, Google Maps.
For more information on mobile apps for smartphones from SAP Business ByDesign, see this blog post: https://www.bradler-gmbh.de/sap-business-bydesign-mobil-nutzen/
This post is based on Kristof Schneider’s English blog post on the official SAP blog, available at https://blogs.sap.com/2018/10/22/business-bydesign-release-highlights-1811/
All statements without guarantee.